INFORMATION WE COLLECT: We collect voluntary information from you such as basic profile details and the types of services involved. We also collect information generated as you use our services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION: The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to share events or updates that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
DISCLAIMER: Gen:Thrive takes no responsibility for any content that you or another user or third party posts, sends, or receives through our services nor does Gen:Thrive take any responsibility for the identity, intentions, legitimacy, or veracity of any users with whom you may communicate through Gen:Thrive. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our services is accessed at your own discretion and risk. Gen:Thrive is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation, damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure, or any other technical or other malfunction.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Gen:Thrive, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on advancing access to environmental education.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind.
We strive to be transparent in the way we process your data and we work hard to keep your information secure.
1. WHO WE ARE
1023 Springdale Rd.
Bldg. 1, Suite J
Austin, Texas 78721
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you such as basic profile details and the types of services involved. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access to logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as expertise. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact us, we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to someone else), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your interactions through this platform with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users
- Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, and how you’ve used them. See below for more details:
- Usage Information – We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Other information with your consent
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
- To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Communicate with you about our services
- To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show users’ profiles to one another
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media, or mobile device
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
- To prevent, detect, and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
- To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement when warranted
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to connect environmental education service providers to individuals, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection, and other legal purposes.
5. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to accelerate the movement for climate resilience and equity in K–12 schools and build coalitions at the district, state, and national levels, the main sharing of users’ information is, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users. You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service. Some information is made publicly available while other parts of your profile are reserved for registered members only. Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is information that you’re comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it. You can choose to limit what information is made available by excluding non-required information from your profile.
- With our service providers and partners. We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services.
- When required by law. We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights. We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request. We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information under any of the above circumstances. We may combine this information with additional non-personal information.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify, or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service.
- Device permissions. Gen:Thrive is a web-only platform and there is not a mobile application separate from the main website. However, some mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. If you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. Please contact us if you wish to delete your account.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by contacting us.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from them through our service, the other user will have to provide us their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service as a consultant if we do not have your current contact information.
Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
7. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request to us. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information but we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always remain secure. We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately here.
9. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account, unless:
- We must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- We must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- The information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time-frame due to technical constraints.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please contact us.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
1023 Springdale Rd.
Bldg. 1, Suite J
Austin, Texas 78721